Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
By purchasing a membership AND by adding your name/initials, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree to both the KW Library of Things Borrowing Policy and the Indemnification Form detailed below.
KW Library of Things - Borrowing Policies
Members must be 18 years of age or older to become members of the KW Library of Things (LOT).
Prior to borrowing items, all Members must (a) complete a Membership Application; (b) sign the Indemnification form; (c) sign this Borrowing Policy form; and (d) have their residence confirmed by a LOT volunteer or member of the staff. Verification of the Member’s identity and residence is accomplished by presenting a valid government-issued photo ID that includes a current address.
The Member is responsible for ensuring that the information that they provide on the Membership Application is current, true, and correct and shall update this information if it changes. LOT reserves the right to verify information provided by a Member.
Only members are authorized to use LOT items. Members shall not permit the use of LOT items by non-members. If damage to any item occurs as a result of the use by any non-member, the member who signed out the item will be responsible for repair costs or replacement.
Items may be borrowed for a period of 7 days. All items borrowed are to be returned to the LOT by close of business on their due date. Items may only be returned during hours specified by the LOT.
If an item is returned late, the Member will be responsible for a late fee of $1 per item per day. There are no renewals on items. Late fees are capped at the full replacement cost of the item. Late fees are subject to change.
LOT reserves the right to replace severely delinquent items (items overdue by 30 days or more) by holding the Member responsible for the full cost of replacing the items. Fines must be paid in full before borrowing additional items.
All items are to be returned in the same (or better) condition as they were issued, subject to normal wear and tear. All items must be returned clean. The Member agrees to pay for the loss of or damage to any item or part thereof, and further agrees to accept LOT ‘s assessment of condition of items and to further agree to LOT’s assessment of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency, and/or loss of items in part or in total. This restitution amount could equal the full replacement cost of the item plus a $5 administrative fee.
LOT reserves the right to take appropriate steps to retrieve delinquent items or unpaid fines and fees, including the use of a collection agency and/or legal action and assess the delinquent Member with the cost of any such action. LOT also reserves the right to forgive fees due to special circumstances.
The Member agrees that the LOT is not responsible for any manufacturing, material, or quality of workmanship defects of borrowed items.
LOT staff members are available to assist in explaining the operation of items. However, by taking possession of any item, the Member is certifying that they are capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner.
The Member agrees that if any borrowed item becomes unsafe or in a state of disrepair, they must immediately discontinue use of the item and notify the LOT of the issue on return, if not earlier.
The LOT reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its discretion.
LOT will not accept reservations or waitlists for items in advance. Items can be signed out on a first-come, first-served basis.
Each membership to the LOT lasts one year and is only valid for members in the same household as the member on file.
LOT reserves the right to alter the Borrowing Policy at any point.
I am capable of using the tools I am borrowing. I will use the tools I am borrowing in a safe and proper manner.
On behalf of myself and my successors and assigns, in consideration of being permitted to borrow tools, waive any and all claims against the KW Library of Things or Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region for any injury or injuries of any nature that I may suffer or incur in the use of the tools that I am borrowing from the KW Library of Things.
On behalf of myself and my successors and assigns, in consideration of being permitted to borrow tools, agree to release and indemnify and hold harmless the both KW Library of Things and Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, their officers, agents, volunteers, and employees from any and all liability, loss, claims, and demands, actions or causes of action for the death or injury to any persons and for any property damage suffered or incurred by any person which arises or may arise or be occasioned in any way from the use or possession of tools I am borrowing from the KW Library of Things.
I affirm that the information I have provided in the Membership Application Form is current, true and correct and may be subject to verification. I further state that I have read and fully understand the KW Library of Things Rules and Borrowing Policies (attached) and I understand that failure to comply with any of these rules may result in revocation of my borrowing privileges and/or legal action against me.
I have read, understood, agreed with both the KW Library of Things Borrowing Policy and the Indemnification Form detailed above. I relinquish any and all claims against the KW Library of Things and Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, its officers, agents, volunteers and employees.
1. All current members living within a 20 km radius of the KWLOT are eligible for home delivery.
2. Prior to release of any item(s), the member must sign both the Delivery Policy and the KWLOT Borrowing Policy. The Delivery Policy may be signed at the point of first delivery.
3. Prior to delivery, KWLOT, on the member’s behalf, will charge delivery fees to the credit card the member has saved on their myTurn account. For members who have not yet saved their credit card details to their account, they will be required to do so prior to their first delivery.
a) In cases where members are not able to provide a credit card, members will make arrangements to provide exact cash payment for both drop-off and pickup, due at time of delivery. If cash payment is not made the item(s) will not be left with the member.
4. If the member elects to return the item(s) on their own to the KWLOT during Thurdays’ regular operational hours, after their card was charged in full for both delivery and pickup, half the fee will be credited to their account and used for a future delivery.
a) In cases where members paid with cash, the $5 pickup fees will be credited to their account and used for a future delivery.
5. Drop-offs/pickups will occur within a two-hour window on the designated date(s). The KWLOT will make best efforts to advise members of the approximate time within that window.
6. Items must be delivered to and picked up at the member’s home address. The KWLOT will deliver items to the address on file; members are responsible for ensuring this address is up to date. Item(s) may not be delivered to an alternate home or work address.
7. Members must be present for both drop-off and pickup. Subject to Clause 10, if the member is not present when an item is delivered, the KWLOT will not leave the item(s) and the member will forfeit their delivery fee.
a) Additionally, members who are not present for our pickup of item(s) at the end of their loan period will be subject to an additional $10 fee, on top of the forfeited pickup fees. They will be required to return the item(s) themselves and will lose their borrowing privileges until the item(s) are returned.
8. If the member lives in an apartment/condo, they must meet the KWLOT representative at the front door for drop-off/pickup. The KWLOT will make best efforts to advise the member of the approximate arrival time.
9. If the member cannot be present for pickup/drop-off, they may appoint a designated individual to be present at the member’s home. In this case the member must provide the name of the designate to the KWLOT in advance of pickup/drop-off. Without advance notice, item(s) will not be released.
a) The designate must sign a release to show the item(s) has been received or relinquished, and a declaration that they will not use the item. The designate may not sign the Delivery Policy on behalf of the member. If damage to any item(s) occurs as a result of use or movement by a non-member, the member who signed out the item(s) will be responsible for repair/replacement costs.
10. The KWLOT reserves the right to take appropriate steps to retrieve unreturned item(s) or unpaid fees, including the use of a collection agency and/or legal action and assess the delinquent member with the cost of any such action. The KWLOT also reserves the right to forgive fees due to special circumstances.
11. The KWLOT reserves the right to alter this Delivery Policy at any point.
I have read, understood, agreed with, and signed the Delivery Policy detailed above. I relinquish any and all claims against the KW Library of Things and Extend-A-Family Waterloo Region, its officers, agents, volunteers and employees.
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?